The EVN Programme Committee (PC) meets three times per year in order to consider requests for observing time on the EVN. The PC distributes a Call for Proposals three times per year with submission deadlines of 1 Febuary, 1 June, and 1 October. Since 1 August 2021 the chairman of the EVN PC is Zsolt Paragi (JIVE, Dwingeloo).
The PC meets shortly after each deadline and communicates its results to the proposers. The list of observing proposals approved by the EVN PC for the most recent deadline is available online.
As well as evaluating proposals, the PC discusses other issues of relevance to EVN observing.
The EVN PC comprises astronomers from EVN institutes as well as from unaffiliated universities or observatories:
- Zsolt Paragi Chair (JIVE, Dwingeloo, NL)
- Sara Motta Vice-chair (INAF-OAB, Milan, IT)
- Tao An (SHAO, Shanghai, CN)
- Shari Breen (SKA, Manchester, UK)
- Carolina Casadio (Institute of Astrophysics, FORTH, Heraklion, Greece)
- Michael Lindqvist (OSO, Goteborg, SE)
- Andrei Lobanov (MPIfR, Bonn, DE)
- Pikky Atri (ASTRON, NL)
- Alexey Melnikov (IAA, Saint Petersburg, RU)
- Mar Mezcua (Institute of Space Sciences, ICE, CSIC, Barcelona, ES)
- Tom Muxlow (JBCA, Manchester, UK)
- Jack Radcliffe (UP, Pretoria, SA)
- Kazi Rygl: (INAF-IRA, Bologna, IT)
- Marcin Gawronski (NCU, Torun, PL)
- Alastair Gunn (JBCA, Manchester, UK): ex officio (EVN scheduler)
- Bob Campbell (JIVE, Dwingeloo, NL): ex officio (correlator technical representative)